Hallie and Reya of The Nibs & Greens are here to bring us this month’s recipe! Add more almond butter into your life with the perfect blend of nuttiness and sweet, creamy coconut!
Almond Butter Coconut Cheesecake
This recipe easily makes two small cheesecakes, but you’re more than welcome to skip the cake-making part and turn the filling into a dessert pudding, topped with berries and chocolate. Whatever way you eat it, it’s almond butter + coconut + cheesecake so you really can’t go wrong!
- In your food processor, combine the cashews, shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Once the mixture becomes more fine, add the dates one at a time while the food processor is still on.
- Lightly oil two 4” spring form pans with coconut oil. Press the crust into the bottom of each pan.
- In your blender, combine all ingredients except for the coconut oil and blend on high until creamy.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend again for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into each pan and smooth out the top. Any leftover filling can be stored in a jar in your fridge!
- Place both cheesecakes in your freezer overnight. The next day, remove the cheesecakes from the freezer, wipe around the pan with a wet dishtowel and remove the cheesecakes from the molds.
- Place in your fridge to defrost (about 2 hours) and serve with your favorite toppings – we defrosted frozen berries and poured them on top for a AB&J-cheesecake!
We started Nibs & Greens with the hope of sharing our passion for healthy, fun food with people who are mindful about what they put in their bodies. Why Nibs and Greens? Because they’re two of our favorite ingredients! Also, they’re both extremely good for you, nutrient dense, and we often pair them together – lots of green smoothies! We created Nibs and Greens raw treats and cheesecakes as a way to directly connect with you and bring you our food creations. All of our recipes are plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, and many are raw. We take a lot of pride in what we eat and make sure to use organic and, if possible, local ingredients.